Test Pattern Generator(Composite/SDI/S-video)
Test pattern generator TPG-8 is a compact, portable device with extreme usability, designed to generate test video signals based on test patterns or other static video images stored in the device memory.
TPG-8 can be used to assess resolution, dynamic range, colour rendition in video monitors, digital video recorders, digital video security, TV, cable video systems and nonlinear editing systems after digitization and compression.
Often people would use a video camera for these tasks. However, the error in this case is initially found at the positioning of the test pattern, brightness and the whole path of image processing, beginning with the lens and ending with signal transformations. A Test Generator with standard test patterns signals is a completely different matter.
TPG-8 can be used to:
- Assess the video monitors rendering quality, including video-frequency band; video monitor linearity, gamma correction, optimal contrast ratio and brightness;
- Measure the recording and playback speed in digital video monitors, network video servers and computer video surveillance systems;
- Control the signal quality of long cable commutation (adjust wave impedance parameters, far-end echoes, etc.);
- Monitor the recording and playback qualities of video recorders and other devices for analog transmission and playback;
- Evaluate vertical and horizontal image resolution, dynamic range and colour rendition after image digitisation under various standards (JPEG, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Wavelet, JPEG 2000, etc.) and compression levels;
- Estimate geometric distortions after video image digitisation;
- Detect video signal dynamic range and level.
S-Video, Composite, YUV and component digital SDI with integrated test audio signal:
Video signal standards:
- Differential output signal (SDI) level comes to 800±80mV
- Maximum length of coaxial cable for SDI signal transmission (Belden 1694A) is 300m
- Test sine-wave audio signal frequency (1 kHz) integrated into digital stream
- Integrated EDH packages for error recognition and handling
- Supports SMPTE 125M, ITU-R BT.601, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 272M, ITU-R BT.1305, SMPTE RP-165, and ITU-R BT.1034 standards
PAL and NTSC
Digital video processing:
Custom level of output video signal:
from 0.5V to 2V, with 0.1V resolution
Loaded test patterns or static images:
Forming and loading images:
external power adapter, USB or built-in three NiMH AA type batteries (6 hours operation)
Recharging of batteries:
from USB or external power adapter
TPG-8 can use any dynamic logo 100x100 pixels with 50 frames (PAL) or 60 frames (NTSC) as a test pattern.
TPG-8 comes with a test logo in shape of a white circle divided into 25 (or 30) sectors with 50 (or 60) frames. Each sector is coloured red for even frames and black for uneven frames. When the logo is displayed, it shows a ray, which "runs" over the circle and changes colour twice within each sector. This dynamic test logo allows to estimate the frame record speed and frame display rate in digital video recorders and surveillance systems. It helps to obtain the true, correct number of lost frames in digital frame relay and encoding/decoding process.
Contact Stream Labs' Sales Manager firstname.lastname@example.org