SMART MEDIA MANAGER
VMedia 5 is a smart content manager for automatically copying content from external sources. It allows the broadcasting channel to request and automatically receive content from the copy service, and also has the ability to quickly play media files from external systems in case of emergency or unexpected situations.
The advantages of VMedia
- Reduces pre-air preparation time for the broadcast operator. Everything happens automatically.
- Eliminates a human error in process of copying. VMedia copies only required content to the broadcast server.
- Now there is no need to store all the content on the broadcast server anymore. The client can reduce the amount of RAIDs on the server. And he may use faster SSD drives. This solution saves the money and improves the performance at the same time.
- Now it is enough to store the 5-days-content on the broadcast server. The rest of the content may be stored at external storages. And these data can be downloaded in any moment we need.
- Copy content to broadcast servers on demand for secure playback from local storage systems
- Work with multiple VPlay servers and channels
- Work with multiple sources of content
- Limitation of the download speed to reduce the load on local storage systems of broadcast servers
- Prioritization of the copy queue (you can set parameters - which server should copy the content first, and which later)
- Preliminary check of content for VPlay compatibility (incompatible formats and codecs will not be copied)
- Emergency access to content for playback (available when working with On-Line storage systems)
- Loading content via the WEB interface
- Built-in mechanism for checking the integrity of content while copying
Supported storage systems:
Online storage systems: DAS, NAS, NFS, SAN
Object storages: AWS and others, supporting S3 protocol
Video formats and codecs SD/HD/UHD of media files:
Video containers: AVI, MOV, MXF, MP4, MPG, BMP, TGA, GIF, PNG, JPG, TIF
Video codecs: DVCAM, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO100, HDV, IMX (30,40,50), XDCAM EX (SP, HQ), XDCAM HD (LP, SP, HQ), XDCAM HD422, DNxHD (36,145,220), AVC/H-264, MPEG2 GOP, Apple ProRes.
Request for proposal