A smart video API for C#, VB.NET, Delphi and C++ developers.
MFormats SDK is a frame-based video software development framework that simplifies and improves the development experience when capturing live sources, encoding video streams or playing media files out to professional I/O devices. It removes the unnecessary complexities and limitations of traditional approaches to video software development, bringing ease of use and pleasure to the product creation process.
With MFormats you will find it easy to grab frames from video sources (files, network streams, cameras and capture devices), process these frames with plugins or mix with other frames, as well as write to files, push out via network streams or playout devices.
Wherever you can imagine using video, MFormats is capable of doing the job.
MFormats SDK is available in 3 editions.
- Grab video from a webcam or other DirectShow-based source.
- Share a single video source between several processes or applications.
- Mix several video streams and use transition effects.
- Overlay simple text and images (.TIFF, .JPG, .PNG).
- Play and write to MP4, QuickTime, MPEG-TS, MKV, AVI, and other file formats.
- Receive and stream to RTMP, HTTP, UDP and other network streaming formats.
- Support for NewTek NDI protocol.
- Low-latency ingest and playout integration with Blackmagic Design, AJA, Bluefish444, Stream Labs, DELTACAST and Magewell.
Expert (includes all Professional features)
- Proprietary implementations of MXF (decoding).
- Growing files playback.
- Time shifting engine.
- Indexing (for faster and more accurate frame access).
- External decoding (for increased stability of your application).
- GPU codecs: H.264 encoding (Nvidia and Intel), H.264 decoding (Nvidia) and H.265 encoding and decoding (Nvidia).
- WebRTC: low latency streaming options.
Ultimate (includes all Professional and Expert features)
- Audio gain normalization
- Rotation of frames
- Color channels mixing
- Exporting MDelay buffer data into local files
- GPU pipeline: makes scaling, overlays, frame rate conversions and other video processing operations faster in order to handle 4K and 8K resolutions.
Character Generator Plugin
a powerful video overlay engine for static or animated text and graphics.
Chroma Key Plugin
an advanced chroma keying engine (runs on either CPU or GPU).
Closed Captions Lib
playout, capture and I/O of CEA-608 (NTSC) and CEA-708 (digital television) closed captions.
DVB-compatible streaming and SRT support.